Try out these creamy, crispy taquitos for a tasty snack or dinner!
Tacos are always a hit with the family and they are so easy to make! However, sometimes I get tired of making the same meal over and over. That’s why it’s great to have similar alternatives. These taquitos satisfy that craving for Mexican food while also bringing their own flavors and crispy texture into the mix. Keep reading to see how these delicious little taquitos are made!
The filling is super easy to throw together – simply combine cream cheese, black beans, green chilis, and a few spices in a medium bowl until smooth. These little guys pack a lot of flavor with cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic, and a dash of hot sauce.
Once the filling is done, grab your tortillas and microwave a stack of five. This keeps the tortillas nice and flexible, so you won’t have to deal with cracks and crumbles that sometimes occur when working with corn tortillas. Scoop the filling onto the tortilla, roll it up, and fry them in a skillet on both sides until crispy.
There’s something so satisfying about crunching into one of these taquitos! I love to serve these with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole, with a little cheese and green onion for garnish.
I highly recommend these Creamy Black Bean Taquitos if you’re looking to take your taco game to the next level. Impress friends and family at your next party or pot luck! Of course, these make a great snack or dinner for the family as well. Get the recipe and instructions below!
Creamy Black Bean Taquitos
Serves 6-8; 30 minutes
- 4oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4oz can diced green chiles, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 15 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- Salsa, sour cream, & shredded cheese for topping (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 10 ingredients until evenly combined. Add more salt or hot sauce, depending on your preferences.
- Stack 5 tortillas on a plate and cover them with a damp paper towel before microwaving them for 20 seconds. This will help prevent the tortillas from cracking when rolled.
- Prepare the taquitos by placing about 2 tablespoons of the black bean filling in each of the 5 tortillas and rolling until tightly closed.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium heat, then add the tortillas to the skillet, seam side down. Cook on each side until crispy.
- Repeat the process in batches of 5 until all of the filling is used.
- Garnish with salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, or whatever other toppings you want!
Recipe adapted from: Budget Bytes.