You won’t believe how fresh and tasty this is! Totally addictive…
Okay, if you’re as big cheese-lovers as we are, you definitely need this spread in your life, especially during the fall (but really, we want this stuff year-round). Filled with dried cranberries, apricots, and fresh rosemary, this goat cheese-based cheese spread is ridiculously addictive. Who needs crackers to eat cheese? Not us, apparently!
But really, if you need an appetizer to bring to a holiday party, or if you’re having friends over and just feel like making things a little more festive, this recipe is a must. The fresh rosemary makes all the difference – we started with 1 tablespoon, but you could easily do 2, if you want to amp up the flavor – and the dried fruit adds just the right amount of bite, making each bite flavorful and delicious. Just be warned: you’ll need to make extra, since this stuff goes quick!
Cranberry Cheese Spread
Serves 4 10 minutes
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (2-3 sprigs) fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ritz crackers, for serving
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together cream cheese and goat cheese, then mix in honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Fold in cranberries, apricots and rosemary, then refrigerate for 20 minutes, or until just chilled, but still soft.
- Serve with crackers or sliced baguette and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Yellow Bliss Road