If you’re on the hunt for a new recipe that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth, this Monster Cookie Recipe is it! Packed with crunchy M&Ms, peanut butter, oats, and chocolate chips, these cookies check all the boxes. They’ve been one of my absolute favorites since childhood and I can’t believe I haven’t shared the recipe until now!
This cookie is chewy in the center with a slight golden crunch to the edges. The peanut butter gives the dough a deliciously nutty flavor and keeps them super moist as they bake. The oats also bump up the chewy texture for a truly irresistible cookie. Yum.
They’re an ideal treat to make after Halloween if you’ve got extra M&Ms on hand. Because, the only thing better than chocolate-y candy is chocolate-y candy in a freshly baked cookie! But I’ve been known to run out for a bag of M&Ms just so I can whip up a batch. Give the recipe a try and you’ll understand what all the fuss is about!
10m prep time
10m cook time
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, (1 stick) room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups quick 1-minute oats
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add butter and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Mix in peanut butter.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until fully incorporated.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in oats, M&Ms, and chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets in 1 ½ tablespoons portions.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden.
- Allow cookies to cool for 8-10 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe adapted from Twopeasandtheirpod.com