These bite size treats are the cure to your sweet-and-salty cravings!
These no-fuss, sweet-and-salty nut clusters are a super easy treat that whips up super fast. As much as we love baking delicious cookies, these are way less hands-on and can be done with ingredients we have in our pantry: chocolate chips and nuts. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, peanuts or almonds, we can play with this recipe to suit the needs of our sweet tooth.
One of the best reasons to make this treat is because it’s just so simple. If you have an urgent need to cure a chocolate fix, use the microwave to melt the chocolate. If you want something a little fancier, slowly melt the chocolate using a double-boiler. This will give this tasty morsel a little bit of eye-catching shine…as if you needed any excuse to eat these! Chocolate nut clusters are an awesome way to satisfy those sweet-salty-crunchy cravings!
2 Ingredient Chocolate Nut Clusters
Serves 20-30 clusters; 15 minutes
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanuts, pre-roasted and salted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla/coconut/almond extract, optional
- almonds, optional
- Bring 1” of water to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Place a heat-safe bowl just above simmering water and add in ⅔ chocolate chips. Stir until melted, then remove bowl from heat and stir in reserved chocolate chips. *Alternative: In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in 20-second increments, stirring in between to melt evenly.
- Once chocolate is melted, pour peanuts into the bowl and fold until coated.
- Scoop out a spoonful of chocolate-peanut mixture and drop onto a baking sheet coated with parchment paper. Place in refrigerator to allow clusters to set before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Julie Blanner