Salmon is makes a great, nutritious dinner any time of year, but we particularly love it in the summer. Whether we bake it or grill it, you never need more than a handful of ingredients to enhance all of its tasty, natural flavor, and here we took things in a zesty direction, with fresh limes and chipotle powder. The citrus perfectly balances out the smoky chipotle, so you get the best of both worlds, plus, it’s ridiculously easy to prepare, so you can get a healthy dinner on the table in no time – win-win!
Chipotle Lime Salmon
- 2 pounds salmon fillet
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice and zest, garlic, cumin and chipotle powder.
- Place salmon on baking sheet, pat dry with a paper towel, then spoon chipotle mixture over the top, gently rubbing in with your hands so it adheres.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until flaky and serve hot!
Recipe adapted from Closet Cooking