It’s no secret that we’re huge fans of casseroles around here. What’s not to love about a hearty meal that can be dumped into a casserole dish and thrown right into the oven? Half an hour later, dinner is ready for the whole family.
However, sometimes the same old casseroles get a little boring. Even some of our most beloved dishes – like tater tot casserole – seem bland after a while. That’s why we love finding new and interesting ways to serve up unique versions of the classics.
Enter: Chili Cheese Dog Tater Tot Casserole. Certainly, you’ve never had anything quite like this before. This dish may seem like it has a lot going on, but the recipe is pretty simple. Hot dogs, canned chili & beans, cheese, and tater tots. Add in a delicious homemade sauce and top with more cheese, and you’re ready to pop this casserole into the oven!
The special sauce that really brings everything together includes ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, onions, and a few other spices. You can add a few red pepper flakes and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper if you want to spice up the sauce a bit.
Once this casserole is done baking, you’ll have a delicious, filling meal that the whole family will love! This is the perfect dish to bring to a potluck as well. Who needs another green bean casserole or tray of deviled eggs? Trust us, this Chili Cheese Dog Tater Tot Casserole will have everyone talking! Go ahead and see how easy this is to throw together. You’ll have dinner ready in no time!
Chili Cheese Dog Tater Tot Casserole
Serves 10-12 Prep 10m Cook 30m
- 8 hotdogs, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 (15 oz) cans chili (with beans)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (28 oz) bag frozen tater tots
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring to combine.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan and top with 1 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the tater tots on top of the cheese layer and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the baked casserole and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is slightly crispy on top.
Recipe adapted from Mas 3 Ono.