Ranch has been almost universally loved for decades thanks to its creamy texture and tangy flavor. I’ve been using it as a dipping sauce for my pizza crusts for years, but it wasn’t until I came across a ranch pizza recipe that it occurred to me to use it as a pizza sauce! Combine ranch with chicken and bacon and you have a formula for dinnertime flavor like no other.
To begin making this recipe I started with store-bought pizza dough to make things easy. I used a variety with beer in it, but you can use any kind you prefer. Or, you can make it from scratch by following this 2-ingredient pizza dough recipe.
It’s always a good idea to pre-bake the dough before you put any of the toppings on. This way, the center has a chance to bake before getting water-logged with moist ingredients like sauce, tomatoes, and onions.
Once the dough has gone through its first bake then spread the ranch dressing over the dough. Sprinkle some garlic powder over the top for even more flavor. If you don’t love garlic then you can skip this step, but I have found that it really perks up the taste of the ranch.
Then follow that with the toppings in any order you prefer. The chicken and bacon go perfectly with the ranch, but I think I love the addition of feta cheese and thinly sliced red onion even more. Honestly, it’s all just so good together! But, of course you can add black olives, or leave off the feta, or make any other changes you want. It will be delicious with any number of variations.
Bake this until the edges are browning and the cheese is melty and golden for a truly wonderful pizza that comes together with only a few ingredients. And, don’t forget to serve it with just a little extra ranch on the side for dipping. Yum!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
Makes 8-10 slices
20m prep time
25m cook time
- 1 (20 oz) container pre-made pizza dough
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing, plus extra for dipping
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz chopped cooked chicken
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Roll out dough to 15” circle and place on pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a crust at the edges by pinching the dough. Bake for 10 minutes with no toppings.
- Spread dressing over dough and sprinkle garlic powder on top. Add the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden. Cut into slices and serve with extra ranch to dip crust into.
Recipe adapted from Countryside Cravings.