Creamy, cheesy, chicken Alfredo presented in a whole new way!
What’s not to love about lasagna? Carbs, meat, cheese, sauce… I don’t know about you, but I love all of those things. But, as with any classic dish, sometimes the same combination of ingredients gets a little old. Don’t get me wrong; lasagna with red meat sauce will always have a special place in my heart. But sometimes it’s fun to try out new recipes!
These Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll-Ups turned out better than I could have imagined, and they are pretty simple to put together. That’s a win-win in my book! Start by cooking the lasagna noodles according to the package. Once cooked, lay the noodles on a paper towel to dry them off. This will make it easier to roll them up when the time comes.
Next, prepare the filling. This rich, cheesy filling has not one, not two, but three kinds of cheeses. Cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. Add some creamy sauce, extra seasoning, and shredded chicken, and you’re almost done.
All that’s left is to spread a scoop of the filling onto each noodle and roll them up! Top with extra Alfredo sauce and more cheese, and you’re ready to pop this dish in the oven!
You can speed the process up by grabbing a rotisserie chicken and shredding that mean, instead of cooking chicken breasts, etc., etc. I’m all about finding those kinds of shortcuts when it comes to dinner time. Go ahead and check out this recipe! You might just find a new favorite meal to add to the dinner rotation!
Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Roll-Ups
Makes 10 roll-ups; 20 minutes prep, 40 minutes cook time
- 10 Lasagna Noodles
- 3 cups Chicken, cooked and shredded
- 16oz cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread out 1/4 cup of Alfredo sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Set aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Put parchment paper over the counter and lay the cooked noodles out.
- Combine shredded chicken, cottage cheese, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning in a large bowl.
- Spread 3 ounces of the chicken mixture on each noodle, leaving about 1/3 of the noodle bare. Top the chicken mixture with 1-2 tablespoons of alfredo sauce. Roll the noodle up towards the bare end.
- Place each lasagna roll up into the prepared casserole dish. Pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the lasagna roll-ups. Top with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the aluminum foil and continue to bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Recipe adapted from Homemade Interest.