Whether you grew up calling it ambrosia or fluff, we all remember some form of jello-marshmallow dessert that’s a pretty pastel and tasty to boot. These days it’s fun to bring back classics, tweaking them slightly to cater to more modern palates…as we did with this cherry cheesecake fluff. Thanks to cheesecake instant pudding mix, we made ourselves a fluff version of a classic dessert, cherry cheesecake. Whereas cheesecake takes several hours to prepare, cook and cool, this no-bake version comes together in a matter of minutes, and then it’s just about letting it set before digging in – if you can wait that long, you’ll be rewarded, we promise.
Seven ingredients are all you need to make this delectable dessert: cream cheese, cheesecake instant pudding, vanilla extract, milk, frozen whipped topping, cherry pie filling and marshmallows. That’s it! One mixing bowl is all you need, in which you’ll beat the cream cheese and pudding mix together until combined, then stir in the vanilla and milk until everything is smooth. Fold in the frozen whipped topping, pie filling and marshmallows and you’re in business. Not only does this stuff taste even better than it looks – although the light pink color and pops of red cherry are still pretty cute – but it’s just about the easiest thing ever to make.
Whether it’s for a holiday spread, brunch, birthday, potluck or just because, you can’t go wrong with this cherry cheesecake fluff. It’s creamy and fruity, with just the right amount of tang from the cream cheese. You can swap in a different fruit pie filling if you’re feeling more like lemon, blueberry or peach, but believe us when we say that the cherry truly is delicious!
15 minutes active; 1+ hour inactive to prepare serves 6-8
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3.4 oz.) cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 (8 oz.) package frozen whipped topping
- 1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (10 oz.) bag mini marshmallows
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat together cream cheese, instant pudding mix, vanilla extract, milk and frozen whipped topping until just combined.
- Fold in marshmallows and cherry pie filling, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Wine and Glue