We love entertaining, but things can get stressful when we only have a little while before the party starts and we realize we forgot something and don’t have time to make it. In those cases, it’s great to have a few fool-proof dishes in your back pocket that you can whip up at the drop of a hat and that are always sure to be a hit. Here, we’ve got a really simple spread for you….
With only three essential ingredients (apples, caramel sauce and cream cheese), you’ve got a knockout dessert or appetizer that people will clamor over – who knew you only needed five minutes to make the best dish of the night?!
Caramel Cream Cheese Dip
- 3-4 assorted apples
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place cream cheese in the center of serving platter.
- Core and slice your apples and arrange around cream cheese.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over cheese and apples, then top with candied nuts and serve immediately or keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
For Candied Nuts:
- Melt butter in a pan or skillet over medium heat and add nuts and sugar.
- Stirring constantly, cook until sugar is completely dissolved and begins to caramelize. Make sure all the nuts are thoroughly coated.
- Once sugar is a dark amber color, remove nuts from heat and immediately spread out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Set aside and let cool.
Recipe adapted from She Wears Many Hats