Traditional ‘Melt in Your Mouth’ chicken takes basic boneless skinless breasts and bakes them in a simple sour cream mixture so you get meat that’s incredibly succulent and moist. This is the same concept – you still get amazingly moist chicken – but it adds in flavor from caesar dressing, so it’s a little bit garlicky, a whole lot creamy, and still very easy to make. It’s the ultimate weeknight chicken option – quick and easy but also super yummy!
You’ll want to start by pounding your chicken breasts to an even thickness. While it’s not absolutely necessary, it does help to make sure everything cooks evenly and it cuts down on the cooking time a bit if you have particularly thick breasts.
But the magic is in the “sauce” that this bakes in. I hesitate to call it a sauce because all you’re really doing is stirring together sour cream, caesar dressing, garlic powder, and some parmesan. That gets poured alllll over the chicken…
… and the chicken simmers in it until it’s cooked through in a perfectly moist and flavorful manner. It’s so easy but so delicious, which is just the kind of chicken option we’re always looking to add to our weeknight dinner rotation.
Melt In Your Mouth Caesar Chicken
So moist and flavorful, and so easy!
Serves 4 ; 5 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes cook time
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to an even 1-inch thickness and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place in baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the caesar dressing, sour cream, garlic powder, and 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- Spread mixture over chicken breasts and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Broil chicken until top is golden brown, 2-4 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Easy Family Recipes.