When it comes to dips, they’re typically not that substantive, and usually not at all filled with anything nutritious. While we can’t really say this dip is actually good for you, we can say that it’s jam-packed with broccoli! (Which is a step in the right direction, right?!) If you want something that’s seriously flavorful, got some tasty veg in it, and – as you know we do best – stuffed with bacon, this is the dip for you! We attacked this stuff with some crust bread and sturdy crackers, but we won’t tell if you scoop a bite of this with a spoon…there’s no wrong way to enjoy this!
Cheesy Broccoli Bacon Dip
Serves 6-8; 35 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (3 oz.) package bacon bits
- 1 (1 oz.) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a large bowl, mix together sour cream and cream cheese until combined, then mix in ranch mix, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Fold in broccoli, bacon bits and cheddar cheese until just incorporated.
- Transfer to a large baking dish and sprinkle ritz crackers evenly over the top.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken