We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: breakfast is important and there are ways to make it a great start to your day! This breakfast sandwich–which you could also enjoy for lunch of dinner–is simple to make and will keep you going all morning! If you feel like you don ‘t have time during the week when you ‘re rushing to get to school or work, make it during the weekend; starting Saturday or Sunday morning with this tasty sammy will get your weekend going on the right note!
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffin
- 2 English muffins, sliced in half
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature, divided
- 1 tablespoon milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place bacon in a medium pan or skillet and cook over medium-high heat until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a separate medium pan over medium-high heat and add eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Swirl pan so that eggs evenly cover the bottom. Once eggs start to cook, use your spatula to scrape the cooked parts to one side, freeing up space for the still uncooked eggs.
- When eggs are set, remove from heat and divide mixture in half.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each half of English muffin and add, butter side down, to hot pan.
- Toast for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Assemble sandwiches by breaking bacon slices in half and placing 2 slices (4 halves) on one slice of English muffin, top with half of the eggs and 1 slice of cheddar cheese.
- Top sandwich with second half of English muffin and serve immediately.