A truly no fuss treat. No mixing required!
The name ‘dump cake’ might not sound all that appealing, but what IS appealing is the method – you literally dump your ingredients into a baking dish and somehow you end up with a delicious cake. How easy is that?! No mixing, no whipping… no real technique needed at all. Even with that incredibly easy preparation (and just four ingredients!), this Blueberry Cheesecake Dump Cake tastes amazing, with buttery, crispy edges, sweet fruit filling, and pockets of cheesecake creaminess.
It’s hard to believe you only need four ingredients for this, but the magic is all in the layering. All you need is a box of cake mix (yellow works great, lemon is an excellent way to add a twist on flavor), a can of blueberry pie filling, a tub of whipped cream cheese, and a stick of butter. That’s it.
You start by dumping the pie filling into the bottom of your baking dish and then you’ll sprinkle half of the cake mix over the top. The cream cheese goes on next and while I love the airier texture of the whipped variety in this cake, a regular ol’ block would work just fine too. Next up is the remaining cake mix and then a layer of thinly sliced pats of butter.
You want to make sure the butter covers the entire cake, so slice pretty thin and line up all the pats in rows to cover the top. As the cake bakes, the butter melts down into the cake mix and the cream cheese softens and mingles with the layers below.
The result is something that tastes a bit like blueberry cobbler, but with a cheesecake twist. The edges are crisp and buttery while the rest of the cake is soft and moist and every bite comes with the sweet and juicy bite of blueberry and a bit of cream cheese tang. For something SO simple, it sure has a lot of texture and taste going on. It’s such a yummy cake and so easy too!
4-Ingredient Blueberry Cheesecake Dump Cake
5m prep time
35m cook time
- 1 (21 oz) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 (15 oz) package lemon or yellow cake mix
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a square baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- Pour blueberry pie filling into bottom of baking dish, taking care to spread it into the corners.
- Top with 1/2 of the cake mix, then spoon cream cheese evenly over the top. Top with remaining cake mix.
- Take butter slices and place in a single layer over the cake mix, trying to cover as much of the cake as possible.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!