Okay, now some people may look at this and think, “Woahh, too much,” but believe us when we say this stuff is absolutely amazing and just. right. If you’re having friends over, if you’re watching the big game, if you’re hunkering down for a wonderful day of coziness inside, this is definitely the dip for you….
With onion, jalapeño, cilantro and chili powder, along with a huge hunk of monterey jack and cheddar cheese, this is the tastiest thing you’ll make all week, and you will find yourself wanting to warm it up and pour it on everything in sight. At least, that’s what happened to us. The point is: it doesn’t matter what you put this on, this dip-sauce creation is a must!
25 minutes to prepare serves 8-10
- 1 pound monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup jalapeño, seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, plus extra for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and sauté onion and jalapeño for 6-8 minutes, or until softened.
- Pour in heavy cream and bring mixture to a boil, then remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted and smooth.
- Season with chili powder and stir in cilantro.
- Pour over burritos or serve with chips, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Chef In Training