Banana pudding and Nilla Wafers bring back memories of my childhood. Grandma and grandpa always had a special birthday dinner whenever one of us turned another year older. Grandma would make the special birthday girl or boy their favorite foods – dessert included! I usually opted for chocolatey confections, but my brother loved banana-flavored anything. Not so much bananas themselves, but if they were surrounded by sugar, Nilla Wafers, and whipped cream, he changed his tune.
I’ve taken my grandma’s recipe for banana pudding pie and altered it a bit to bring you: Banana Pudding Lasagna!
Start off by making the crust – a delicious combination of crushed Nilla Wafers, butter, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. This is the foundation that will hold up the rest of the sweet “lasagna” of pudding and cookies.
Next, make the cheesecake. This consists of cream cheese, vanilla pudding mix, heavy cream, and sugar. Yum. Once you have your cheesecake filling, it’s time to layer on the deliciousness! Spread a layer of cheesecake over the crust, followed by a layer of banana slices, and then a layer of Nilla Wafers. Repeat this one more time, and top with whipped cream!
Whether banana-flavored desserts are a blast from the past or a brand new experience for you, I think you and your family will love this decadent dessert. You’ll love how easily it all comes together! Pop the “lasagna” in the fridge and have a dessert all ready to go in a couple of hours. See how to make Banana Pudding Lasagna below!
Banana Pudding Lasagna
15 minutes active, 2 hours inactive to prepare serves 12
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Nilla Wafers, plus more for garnish
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cup whole milk
- 5 large bananas, sliced
- 48 Nilla Wafers
- Cool Whip for serving
- To make the crust, stir together Nilla Wafers, butter, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of a small, rectangular baking dish.
- To make the cheesecake filling, beat cream cheese and sugar together in a medium bowl until fluffy. Add in heavy cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Let sit for 5 minutes until thickened. Fold the pudding into the cheesecake mixture.
- Assemble the lasagna by pouring half of the cheesecake mixture into the crust. Add a layer of sliced bananas, followed by a layer of whole Nilla Wafers. Pour the remaining cheesecake mixture on top, followed by another later of bananas and Nilla Wafers.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours, until chilled and set.
- Top with Cool Whip, banana slices, and a sprinkle of crushed Nilla Wafers.
Recipe adapted from Delish.