Another delicious dish from our 2021 Thanksgiving Sides Recipe Contest was submitted by Morgan Maples. Her family’s favorite baked corn has simple ingredients that combine to make one indulgent and comforting side dish for your Thanksgiving feast. Creamed corn, whole corn, butter, and a beloved corn muffin mix are baked together and then topped with creamy cheddar cheese. What could be better?!
Baked Corn by Morgan Maples
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounce sour cream
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can whole corn, drained
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- 1 box Jiffy corn bread
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat a 9-1/2"x9-1/2" baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix whole kernel corn and margarine. Add the eggs, sour cream, and cream-style corn and stir to combine.
- Add in Jiffy corn bread mix and mix thoroughly.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes. Top with cheddar cheese and bake until melted.