There’s something about fall that really makes us want to gobble up every single pumpkin-related morsel we can get our hands on. (Is it just us?!) We love muffins as a breakfast-on-the-go option or as an afternoon snack, and muffins topped with sweet and tangy cream cheese are even better! These pumpkin cream cheese muffins are the epitome of a perfect, fall breakfast, and you will love how easy they are to make and how great they taste — go ahead and see for yourself!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Yields 18 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon allspice, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line muffin/cupcake tins with liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugars, pumpkin pie spice, and oil together. One by one, mix in eggs, waiting until the first is completely incorporated before adding the second.
- Add pumpkin puree, milk and vanilla extract to the egg mixture and stir well.
- 1/3 cup at a time, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated. Do not over mix.
- In a small bowl, stir softened cream cheese, vanilla extract and sugar together to create the cream cheese center. Set aside.
- Pour batter into muffin tins, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with pumpkin seeds and spoon 1/2 tablespoon cream cheese mixture onto each muffin.
- Place in oven and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Crazy For CrustSKM: below-content placeholder