This is a refreshing appetizer recipe that’s perfect in summer months or for when you just want a light starter that tastes fresh and full of flavor! It’s a simple recipe, but it definitely packs a punch (even more so if you add some red pepper flakes!) and presents delightfully when served in the actual avocado. You could use this recipe at a cookout, as a quick lunch, or at a cocktail party — and you won’t be pulling your hair out because of any complicated directions or ingredients. Make this and feel your stress melt away — now all you need is a hammock and a cocktail to really make this special. For now, this salad does a great job on its own!
Avocado Shrimp Salad Bowls
- 1 pound cocktail shrimp, peeled, de-veined and cooked
- 2 large, ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 large, ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Take your pitted avocados and scoop out a portion of the centers into a medium bowl, making sure to leave a 1/4-inch border of avocado meat for the salad to rest in.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the scooped out avocados so they don’t brown.
- Add cubed mango to the scooped out avocado.
- Dice cooked shrimp and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and lime juice and whisk together.
- Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Pour dressing over avocado and mango mixture and toss together. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Serve by spooning chilled salad into avocadoes and topping with shrimp.
Recipe adapted from My RecipesSKM: below-content placeholder