Chocolate truffles always sound super fancy and even more difficult to make. A gourmet chocolatier or baker might prepare a luxurious ganache, add heavy cream, brandy, and other super elegant ingredients. And while we know a truffle like this is sure to melt the heart of any chocolate lover, we love this more simplified version and the satisfaction that comes with creating something really elegant looking without all of the extra effort. So, if you want to look like a gourmet baker (without all of the gourmet training), look no further than these delightfully delicious chocolate truffles.
Our chocolate truffles taste just as good as they look, and you only need a few simple ingredients: chocolate, oreos, and cream cheese! Truffles are great served up at a party or wrapped in cellophane and sent off as party favors. It’s pretty much impossible to go wrong with this one…and pretty much impossible to eat just one!
Chocolate Creme Truffles
1 hour to prepare 28-32 truffles
- 2 packages oreo cookies
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ package of white chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons oil
- In a food processor, pulse cookies until sand-like in consistency.
- In a separate bowl, combine cookie crumbs with cream cheese. Once combined, roll into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons of oil for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- Dip each truffle into melted chocolate and place back on parchment lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate again for 15-20 minutes or until chocolate sets.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt white chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of oil, then drizzle melted white chocolate over each truffle. Refrigerate to set or if you simply can’t wait, serve immediately!
Recipe adapted from Chocolate, Chocolate and More