Whether it’s for game day or just because you need a little pick me up, totchos are always a good call. For those of you who haven’t tried it yet, “totchos” is the beautiful combination that is nachos and tater tots. That’s right, swap the chips out – they always get soggy anyways – and sub in some perfectly crispy tater tots. Add to that some hearty Mexican chorizo and creamy queso dip…and lots and lots of cheese, and you’ve got yourself a dish that everyone will love!
- 1 (32 oz.) bag frozen tater tots, thawed
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup queso dip
- 3 assorted bell peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- sour cream, as needed, garnish
- Place tater tots in a large baking dish and bake according to packaging directions, or until crispy. (Usually at 425º F for 20-22 minutes.)
- Brown chorizo in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. Drain fat and set aside.
- Microwave queso dip until pourable, then remove tater tots from oven and sprinkle 1 cup cheddar cheese over them.
- Cover cheese and potatoes with chorizo, pour queso dip on top, then sprinkle on remaining cheddar cheese.
- Return totchos to oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot, garnished with chopped bell peppers, parsley, green onions and sour cream.
Recipe adapted from Foodie With Family