Tired Of Dried Out Chicken? With This Easy Bake You’ll Get Perfectly Juicy And Flavorful Chicken Every Time!
We love a good multi-purpose dish and this one is definitely a keeper. Whether you want to serve this on its own, or accompanied by rice or noodles, the finished product here is a flavorful entree with a sauce that does great things – keeping the chicken juicy and tender, for one – and that the whole family will love…plus, it’s super easy to put together! We can’t think of anyone who likes to come home after a long day and then slave away over an elaborate dinner and thanks to this dish, now you don’t have to!
Tomato And Potato Chicken Casserole
- 1 pound assorted boneless, skinless chicken breasts and thighs, cut into pieces and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes, drained
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed, divided
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and saute potatoes until fork tender. 10-12 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from skillet and set aside.
- If needed, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and add red pepper flakes. Saute onion for 6-8 minutes, or until softened and translucent.
- During the last few minutes of cooking, add minced garlic and, stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn, cook until fragrant. 1 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for another 1 minute.
- Combine potatoes, chicken and onion mixture in a large baking dish, then pour in both cans of tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Stir in lemon juice and oregano and mix everything together to combine, then place in oven and bake for 27-30 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes, then serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury