Baked beans are a year-round staple for us and, while we love trying out different types, throwing in chorizo or hot dogs is our absolute favorite way to enjoy them. Here, we’ve perfected the spicy, smoky flavor and come up with a way to make this dish easily in the slow cooker; now you don’t have to wait around while the beans cook in the oven – all you have to do is throw everything in together and turn on the power! We’re telling you, it doesn’t get any better than this, so check these bad boys out!
This recipe is seriously such a breeze to pull together, it makes for the perfect choice when you have friends over. Use the oven for whatever bigger dishes you’re making, but free up space with this slow cooker recipe…anytime we make it, it gets devoured, so you really can’t go wrong!
Spicy Franks And Beans
10 minutes active; 2+ hours inactive to prepare serves 8
- 1 can baked beans (any variety)
- 1 package beef or pork hot dogs, or chorizo, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Pour can of beans into slow cooker, and stir in hot dog pieces.
- Stir in all other ingredients, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in slow cooker on high for 2 hours — or on low for 4 hours.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Kraft Recipes