If youâ€™re looking for a delicious, decadent dessert that will knock peopleâ€™s socks off, look no further. These triple-layered peanut butter cheesecake bars are perfectly ooey-gooey and just the pick-me-up needed to boost your day, or to make an already-great day even better.
The ingredient list might look a little daunting, but we promise you itâ€™s worth it. The bottom and top layers are made up of rich cookie dough, sandwiching a creamy peanut butter cheesecake layer in the middle. Top the bars off with an easy peanut butter chocolate drizzle and call it a day. We couldnâ€™t wait for these to cool fully before digging in, but learn from our mistakes, these bars are absolutely amazing if you let them chill overnight – crazy rich and perfectly creamy. You really canâ€™t go wrong either way though, so make them and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars
30min to prepare serves 8-10
- Cookie Dough:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, divided
- Start by prepping the cookie dough: combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl, and mix together to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter, shortening and sugars for 3-5 minutes, or until fluffy.
- One at a time, beat in eggs, waiting until each is incorporated before adding the next. Then mix in vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into the wet, then, once fully incorporated, fold in peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350Âş F and line an 8x8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and mix until just incorporated, then set aside.
- Take 1/2 cookie dough mixture and press it firmly into the bottom and corners of your lined baking dish.
- Top with cheesecake mixture, then gently â€śspreadâ€ť remaining cookie dough on top of cheesecake, making it as even a surface as possible.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until cookie dough is lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely, then place in refrigerator to chill. 1-4 hours, or overnight.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter chips with 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil. Microwave at 30-second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Repeat with chocolate chips.
- Cut peanut butter cheesecake into squares, then drizzle with chocolate and peanut butter sauces. Let set 15 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Inside Bru Crew Life