It’s no secret we love Mexican food, but this dish – with it’s awesome Mexican flavors – pretty much single-handedly made us super excited to eat our veggies. Really, it’s not hard to get excited about this recipe because it’s ridiculously refreshing with its sweet pops of corn, creamy Cotija crumbles, and zesty, spicy flavors that round everything out perfectly.
We’ve been serving this up non-stop since we first tried it, so we know it’s just as good for when you’re hosting a party as when it’s just you and the fam on a typical weeknight…. It packs a punch in the best way possible and we can’t get enough!
Mexican Corn Salad
- 4 cups fresh (or canned) corn kernels; about 6 ears
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and cook corn until semi-charred on all sides. About 8 minutes.
- Season with salt, then transfer corn to a large bowl.
- Add diced avocado, garlic, bell pepper, red onion and parsley, then mix in chili powder, lime zest and juice, and mayonnaise.
- Toss everything together until evenly coated, then taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Add cotija cheese and toss together, then refrigerate or serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy