Whenever you say “glazed ham” the people come running. Or at least, that’s been our experience. Glazed hams are the perfect choice for holiday dinners because they’re easy to make, easy to flavor and they make everything feel just a little more festive. While honey-baked hams are one of our favorites, the pineapple-glazed ham is a nice alternative that looks and tastes amazing. Plus, the base of this dish consists of just five ingredients and most of your job just requires sitting around, waiting for the ham to cook, so it’s really great for that time of year when things seem to be spinning out of control and you can’t catch a break. Take some of the guesswork out of your holiday planning and throw this ham into the recipe rotation you won’t regret it and everyone will love it!
- 1 spiral-sliced half ham, trimmed of fat
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple slices, juices reserved
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- maraschino cherries, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F and place ham on its side in roasting dish.
- Pour 1/4 cup pineapple juice over ham and bake according to packaging directions. About 20-25 minutes per pound. Remove from oven 30 minutes before it’s finished cooking
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard and flour and mix together.
- Add in just enough of remaining pineapple juice to make a thick glaze.
- Pour glaze mixture all over ham, then carefully place pineapple slices, with corresponding maraschino cherries, on top and secure with toothpicks or skewers.
- Return to oven and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes, then carve, serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Instructables