Whether you want to make an impressive breakfast to wow your family, or you're serving up breakfast for dinner, you'll be delighted by how easy these egg-filled mini bread bowls are to whip up. With eggs nestled into a yummy roll, you can easily cater these to your diners' preferences…add cheese, bacon, or fresh veggies and you're in business! One thing to consider though: making extras. These are so tasty, people will definitely want more than one…
Breakfast Egg Bread Bowls
30min to prepare serves 6
- 6 sourdough or Kaiser rolls, about 4 inches in diameter
- 6 slices bacon (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tops off the rolls, then scoop out 2/3 of the bread inside to make a nest for your eggs. (Don't scoop down to the bottom of your roll.) Set bread tops aside.
- Cook the bacon, if using, and crumble one slice of bacon into each roll.
- Crack one egg carefully into each bread bowl, taking care to keep the yolks intact. Remove any shell fragments, if necessary.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the cream over each egg, then sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese on top.
- Mix the chives, parsley and tarragon together, and sprinkle the mixture over the eggs.
- Place the bread bowls on your baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. The egg yolk should be firm but not completely set. Place the tops of the rolls on the bread bowls, and bake for another three to five minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Kraft Recipes