Okay, when we say this cheesy garlic dip is addictive we are not kidding around. More than once after completely stuffing our faces with cheesy goodness we had picked up a chip and then had to put it back down and back away. We may have even asked our loved ones to tell us to stay away from the dip – itâ€™s just that good. Packed with three different types of cheese, sour cream, mayo (a creamy necessity that adds flavor and smoothness), and tons of other ingredients that help the overall dish pack a huge punch flavor-wise, this is a dip thatâ€™ll have people begging you for the recipe for weeks to come.
While you might look at it and think itâ€™s just another run-of-the-mill dip thatâ€™s filled to bursting with cheese – in a way, youâ€™d be right – but really itâ€™s so much more than that, since itâ€™s so stuffed with garlic and onion, which take it from being just another cheese dip to being something thatâ€™s out of this world. Whether itâ€™s for the Super Bowl or for a night in with your friends, this dip is always a good choice…just make sure youâ€™ve got a plan in place for that moment when you realize you physically canâ€™t stop yourself from digging into it. Which will happen. Itâ€™s inevitable
35 minutes to prepare serves 6
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3/4 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh parsley, to taste, chopped, garnish
- baguette or chips, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350Âº F and grease a square baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup cheddar cheese, parmesan, monterey jack, sour cream and mayonnaise until combined.
- Mix in garlic and onion powders, basil, oregano and pepper, and stir everything together, then transfer mixture to greased baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese and place in oven. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with parsley, then serve hot with chips or sliced baguette.