Looking for ways to use zucchini this summer? Try making a big batch of zucchini fritters basically like zucchini pancakes, which work great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Super versatile, this recipe offers plenty of room for other veggies, too sub out some of the zucchini and sub in some shredded carrots or diced red peppers if you’d like a little more color and want to use a variety of veggies. Not a fan of feta? No problem work in a different cheese instead.
Perfect with a bit of sour cream, yogurt, or a different dipping sauce, these zucchini fritters are a treat.
Serves (makes 4 servings); 30min
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Put the grated zucchini in a colander or strainer over the sink, and add the teaspoon of salt and gently mix. After letting the zucchini sit for 10 minutes, drain the zucchini with a cloth or paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, flour, feta, dill, garlic, and egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is warm, scoop a tablespoon of batter for each fritter into the oil. Flatten the scoops a bit with a spatula and cook until the underside is golden-brown about 2 minutes and then flip the fritter and let it cook until the other side is golden-brown (about 1-2 minutes).
- Serve with sour cream, yogurt, another sauce, or simply plain.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious