Drizzle some gravy on top, with a side of cranberry sauce, and you’ve got yourself a leftover dinner fit for a king.
What’s not to love about croquettes? Rich and creamy mashed potatoes with a breaded and fried crispy coating, perfect for dipping and eating by the handful. We’ve got a seasonal twist on this old favorite, featuring Thanksgiving leftovers! The traditional mashed potato filling is joined by finely chopped turkey and stuffing for a new and wonderful way to relive your Thanksgiving meal. Don’t get stuck with the same boring sandwich for a week after the big turkey feast is over; give these croquettes a try! Drizzle some gravy on top, with a side of cranberry sauce, and you’ve got yourself a leftover dinner fit for a king.
Serves 24 croquettes
- 2 cups turkey, finely chopped (mix of white and dark meat is fine)
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 cups stuffing
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, mix mashed potatoes, stuffing, and chopped turkey until combined.
- For the breading, place flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate bowls.
- Roll the potato-stuffing mix into 2 inch balls, coat in flour, followed by egg, and finally bread crumbs. Set on a cookie sheet, a few inches apart from each other.
- Place about an inch of oil in a large skillet and fry the croquettes in batches, 1-2 minutes a side.
- Serve with gravy and cranberry sauce.
Recipe adapted from < a href="https://www.cheaprecipeblog.com/2013/12/thanksgiving-leftover-recipes-thanksgiving-croquettes/" target="_blank">Cheap Recipe Blog.