Simple, delicious and ready in just 20 minutes, it’s perfect for dinner and make ahead meals!
Simple and quick Korean ground beef is a delicious and quick way to make stir fry dinner that takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish. You can synchronize your rice cooker and wok to have food for four on the table with no hassle and little clean-up. What’s more, it’s a great option for when you are in a hurry or pre-planned – you will find all the ingredients will be in the pantry or refrigerator!
Korean ground beef dishes emphasize rich flavor and cooking simplicity, with this recipe being no exception. Easy Korean ground beef is a great bowl of protein, loaded with delicious layers of garlic and ginger, sugar and soy, and just a little bit of sriracha. The familiar pantry favorites work together to create a delightful flavor base that suits the tastebuds of the entire family.
Like another popular Korean dish, beef bulgogi, there’s a touch of heat from Sriracha that’s contrasted delightfully by sweet brown sugar and the salty soy sauce. If you are keen on increasing the spice level then adding another tablespoon of Sriracha won’t overpower the rest of the ground beef’s flavor.
While there are no vegetables used in the recipe below – scallions and sesame seeds as garnish – you can add green beans or even broccoli. Korean ground beef pairs well with steamed rice, Asian-style noodles, and/or a serving of steamed green veggies, so you don’t miss out on all the food groups.
Easy Korean ground beef is a delicious and flavorful midweek meal that saves time and effort. It’s also an ideal dish to parcel up for a quick heat and eat dinner on the run, or boxed lunch at the office.
Easy Korean Ground Beef
5m prep time
15m cook time
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat sesame oil In a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Drain the majority of fat from the pan, then bring back to the heat and cook with garlic and ginger for 1-2 minutes until highly aromatic. Add brown sugar, soy sauce, and Sriracha, and stir together to combine.
- Cook ground beef mixture until the liquid has been reabsorbed into the meat, and the sauce is thick and rich.
- Serve on a bed of rice with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
Recipe adapted from I Wash You Dry