When it comes to cookouts or ball games, hot dogs are an American classic that we all know and love. And they’re pretty much perfect just the way they are… but it’s always good to try something new once in a while. With these Bacon-Wrapped Pickle Stuffed Hot Dogs, you can really up your dog game and impress your guests. They’re crunchy on the outside and have the juicy and tart bite of pickle and a whole lot of ooey-gooey cheesiness going on inside. It’s a must try.
You can make these in your oven or on the grill, which means they’re a great fit any time of year. If you’re baking them, it helps to put them on a wire rack so that the bacon gets nice and crispy. You can still top these with all your favorite hot dog toppings: chopped onions, ketchup, mustard, maybe even a little hot sauce. Enjoy!
Pickle Stuffed Hot Dogs
Serves 6; 45 minutes
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 hot dogs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- whole pickle spears
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and set a wire rack on top. Or preheat BBQ to medium heat and grease with nonstick spray.
- Make a slit down the middle of each hot dog, making sure not to cut all the way through, and carefully spread down the middle.
- Slice cheese into long rectangles and cut pickles lengthwise into quarters. Stuff cheese and pickles into center of opened hot dog.
- Tightly wrap a slice of bacon around hot dog. Continue with second slice, slightly overlapping the first. Secure both ends with toothpicks, then place cut side up on wire rack or BBQ.
- Bake/grill until bacon is crispy and cooked through, about 35-40 minutes in oven or 10-15 minutes on grill. Enjoy!