Whether it’s an ice cream cake, an icebox cake, or an ice cream pie, we’re all about frozen desserts around here. They’re simple to make and always seem to make a crowd of folks happy. Well, this Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie might be the ultimate crowd pleaser. It’s insanely good.
You know you’re off to a good start when you’re using peanut butter and chocolate in a dessert. Add in a crunchy Oreo crust and fill it with some ice cream… it’s deceptively easy. And good enough to make your eyes roll back in your head. After it chills, the only thing left to do is top it with some chocolate, chopped peanut butter cups, and a few peanuts. Then, chill out and have a slice of pie.
Peanut Butter Cup Pie
Serves 6-8; 15 minutes active, 3 hours inactive
- 30 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup peanuts, crushed
- 8 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed cookies and butter and mix well. Press into a springform pan, making sure crust goes 3/4 of the way up the sides.
- Mix together ice cream, peanut butter, and vanilla until well blended. Pour into crust.
- Place in freezer until frozen, about 3 hours. Remove and sprinkles with crushed peanuts and chopped peanut butter cups. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Serve, and enjoy!