These sweet little cookies remind us of Mallomars, except they have a cherry surprise hidden inside. And that is definitely not a bad thing! That sweet burst of cherry against the soft marshmallow fluff and crunch of chocolate and cookie is just the right kind of surprise. These are entirely too delicious.
They’re really not that difficult to make either. You start by mixing up some cookie dough and rolling it into a log and letting it chill before you slice it into rounds and pop them in the oven. Once those are baked, you top each one with a maraschino cherry and some marshmallow fluff before you coat the whole thing in melted chocolate. Once the chocolate sets, you have a cookie that’s all at once soft, crunchy, chewy, and juicy. Trust us, they’re not to be missed.
Cherry Bomb Cookies
30 minutes active, 2 hours inactive
- 12 maraschino cherries
- 1 tub marshmallow fluff
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- For cookies:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer for 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour and salt, and mix on low until a soft dough is formed.
- Cut dough in half and form into two tubes. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once dough is chilled, lightly flour a work surface and use a knife to slice the dough into circles.
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheet and bake for 18 minutes. Remove cookies to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once cool, place a cherry in the center of each cookie and pipe marshmallow fluff to cover the top entirely. Place cookies in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, melt chocolate in microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Let cool slightly, then pour over each cookies. Let chocolate set for 30 minutes to harden. Enjoy!