Scratch-Lemom Poppy Seed Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Cake: Wet Ingredients: 2 eggs beaten, 1/2 Cup Vegetable oil, 1/2 Cup Butter Milk, Grated lemon peel of 1 lemon,(separate rind in halves)use 1/2 rind in cake batter, 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon Juice, 1 Cup Sugar, 1 teaspoon lemon extract, 2-4 Drops yellow food coloring.
- Dry ingredients; 1-3oz. box Lemon Jello(dry), 1 & 1/2 Cups flour, 1 & 1/2 tespoons Baking Powder, 1/4 Cup Poppy seeds. Then mix all for 1 more minute. Use baking spray.
- Lemon Glaze: 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, 1/2 of the grated lemon rind, and 2 cups confectioners sugar.
- Using a hand mixer: Mix all wet ingredients together. In a 2nd bowl mix all dry ingredients well.
- Add: The dry ingredients to the wet ingredients 1/4 cup at a time slowly, mixing well as you add.
- Then mix all 1 minute more. Use baking spray, spraying the center cone and the main portion of the bunt pan well. Bake cake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. check cake for doneness at 45 minutes using the toothpick test. Check again with toothpick again when done. Let cake cool for 10 minutes
- then invert it onto a 10 inch plate or serving platter of your choice to cool completely.
- Lemon glaze: Mix lemon juice and rind into the confectioners sugar well. Add more sugar if needed for the consistency of a drizzle. Taste for sweetness prior to drizzling over cooled cake.