This is a holiday variation. I usually use plain M & M's; this version uses red and green M & M's.
Kathie's Monster Cookies
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz.) Betty Crocker Oatmeal Cookie Mix
- 1 Egg, large or 2 small eggs
- 4 oz, Natural Unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 tbsp(s), Butter - Unsalted
- 1 tbsp(s), Water
- 2/3 cup, Peanut Butter (Creamy)
- 1 cup Nestle Tollhouse Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup Red & Green M&M's
- 2 oz (about 1/4 cup), chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375F (or 350F if you are using dark or non-stick cookie sheets). Prepare cookie sheets by cutting parchment paper and lining cookie sheets. (I use a large cookie sheet referred to as a two-thirds sheet pan, measuring 21 by 15 inches, but you can use whatever size is appropriate for your oven.) I line the cookie sheets with parchment paper for easier cleanup. You can use parchment paper without spraying, however, I found my cookies slid right off if I sprayed the paper.
- Stir the cookie mix, egg, applesauce, butter, and water together in a large mixing bowl until just incorporated. Add peanut butter and again stir until just incorporated. Then add the morsels, m&m's, and chopped walnuts and stir.
- Once all ingredients have been mixed together, take a medium cookie scoop and place dollops of batter on prepared cookie sheets about two inches apart. Bake for about 12 minutes in preheated oven or until the edge of a cookie is light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes, then remove to cookie rack or plate to cool completely. Once cool, store in an airtight container for up to one week, or freeze for up to three months.
Check out some other recipes!