All the flavors you love in an easy, delicious casserole form!
It’s been years since I’ve had a Philly cheesesteak sandwich, but they still remain one of my favorite comfort foods. Not many places outside of the East Coast serve these sandwiches regularly, and they can be a pain to make if you’re grilling steak and veggies. Not to mention they can get pretty pricey depending on the cut of steak you use.
That’s where this casserole comes into play. With ground beef, noodles, veggies, and a creamy cheese sauce, this dish has everything you love about Philly cheesesteak sandwiches in casserole form!
If you’ve been around our site for very long, then you’ll know how much we love casseroles. Really, who doesn’t? They are easy to throw together and pop in the oven for a quick, filling weeknight dinner. Plus, they are usually an entire meal unto themselves, so there’s no extra prep work for side dishes. If you’re looking for a tasty, simple meal that comes together in just over 30 minutes, this is just the ticket!
Start by preheating your oven to 350, and greasing a 9×13 baking dish. Brown ground beef in a skillet, seasoning it with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, and chili powder. Drain and set aside for later.
In a separate, large skillet or stock pot, sauté green peppers and onions over medium-high heat until cooked. While the veggies are cooking, make the macaroni noodles according to package directions.
Once the onions and peppers are done, stir in the ground beef mixture. Slice up Velveeta and add to the same skillet, stirring until melted and smooth. Pour cooked macaroni and pepper/beef mixture in a large bowl, siring just enough to combine. Place in the prepared baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.
That’s it! You can sprinkle the top with some shredded cheese if you have any on hand and throw it back in the oven until melted, but this casserole is just as delicious as-is. Trust me, the whole family is going to love this delicious dish, and you’ll love how easy it is to make!
Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
15m prep time
20m cook time
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 green peppers chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 12 ounces Velveeta
- 1 pound of macaroni
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet, seasoning it with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, and chili powder. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- In a separate, large skillet, saute peppers and onions over medium-high heat until cooked.
- While pepper and onions are sauteing, cook the 1 pound of macaroni noodles according to package directions.
- Once onions and peppers are done cooking, stir in ground beef mixture. Slice up Velveeta and add to the same skillet, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Pour cooked macaroni and pepper/beef mixture in a large bowl, siring just enough to combine.
- Place in prepared baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Who Needs A Cape.