A whole lotta flavor packed into these little squares.
If you love street food or go to Disney parks or love Mexican food then you’re probably a fan of churros. These light-as-a-feather tubes of fried dough melt in your mouth almost like cotton candy, but with a brief crunch before they disappear. While the flavors of fried dough, cinnamon, and sugar are simple and uncomplicated, the process to make these tasty treats is anything but simple. For a no-fuss version these no-bake cinnamon churro bars have a ton of flavor packed into such small squares. And, it only takes a few minutes to assemble.
When you want a quick dessert or treat you can throw together look no further than these bars. The ingredient list is short, but that is not a indicator of how much flavor these crispy bars have.
We’re using a few shortcuts here to ensure that this process is as easy as possible. All you need is some white chocolate, some cinnamon sugar, mini marshmallows, and some Golden Grahams cereal. If you have food allergies or preferences for a different cereal you can by all means use the one you like. But, just be aware that the flavor and texture will change depending on which ones you add to the mix.
To make it easy to release the bars line your 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment or wax paper. You can use bulldog clips to keep the paper from slipping around as this won’t go anywhere near the oven.
The concept is similar to Rice Krispies treats, but instead of small pieces of cereal and melted marshmallows we’re using bigger cereal and whole mini marshmallows. Because of this you really need to squish it down into the pan as the mixture sets. I put another layer of parchment paper on top, followed by a flat saucer, and then a heavy mug on top to make sure it stayed compressed while chilling in the fridge.
Then simply refrigerate for 30 minutes, cut into squares, and you’ve got a tasty treat that’ll remind you of churros anytime you get the hankering.
No-Bake Cinnamon Churro Bars
Makes 16 bars
15m prep time
2m cook time
- 18 oz (3 cups) white chocolate chips
- 3 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- Melt chocolate in microwave using 30-second intervals. Once it’s mostly melted stir and it should all melt together.
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon with 1 tablespoons sugar in small bowl. In large bowl combine this with chocolate, marshmallows, and cereal and stir well.
- Work quickly to spread mixture into a lined 8”x8” pan or dish while it’s still warm. Secure the edges of paper with bulldog clips to ensure the paper doesn’t slide around. Level mixture with rubber spatula, taking care to really press it into each corner.
- Combine remaining cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over top before bars set. Allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Lift out of dish using parchment paper before cutting into 16 squares to serve.
Recipe adapted from Shugary Sweets.