We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, one can never have too many dip recipes in their collection. There’s no wrong time to whip out a deliciously creamy dip, especially when it’s as simple to make as this one. From movie nights to tailgates to holiday parties, this Hatch Chile Dip is guaranteed to be a slam dunk. It’s loaded with chiles, but this dip is still easily adjustable to suit your spice tolerance making it a perfect option for any crowd.
If you are entertaining, this recipe is easily prepped ahead of time. Just mix everything together, transfer it to your baking dish, and then cover and refrigerate until it’s time to eat. While this dip still is tasty at room temp, it’s undeniably better with warm, melty cheese!
My favorite dipping vehicle for this dip would have to be tortilla chips (going all in on the Tex-Mex theme!), but crackers, crostini, or even veggies would also make tasty options. I won’t judge if you sneak some by the spoonful though! Serve it as an appetizer for Mexican food or add it to your tailgating lineup, folks are bound to go wild for it any day of the week!
Hatch Chile Dip
5m prep time
1 cook time
- 3 4oz cans diced green chiles (mild, hot, or a combination)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Chips or crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients except the parmesan in a large bowl until fully combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a square baking dish and top with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-34 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
- Serve hot with chips or crackers.
Recipe adapted from Theviewfromgreatisland.com