Chicken and potatoes cook right alongside garlic, basil, green onion, and rosemary, soaking up all the flavors before being tossed with fresh parmesan and parsley.
We can’t get enough good slow cooker meals, and this recipe is another one for the books! Chicken and potatoes cook right alongside garlic, basil, green onion, and rosemary, soaking up all the flavors before being tossed with fresh parmesan and parsley. This delightful dish has become a staple around our house, served with steamed veggies or rice to complete the meal. Go ahead and try this one out for yourself – we bet there won’t be any leftovers!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken And Potatoes
- 8 pieces of chicken (thighs, legs, wings, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with basil, oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add seasoned chicken, searing until golden brown. About 1-2 minutes per side.
- Place potatoes in a 6 quart slow cooker. Drizzle in olive oil, garlic, and thyme, stirring to coat evenly. Place seared chicken on top of potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Serve up hot, tossed with fresh grated parmesan and parsley.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious.