If you love pizza but are tired of your normal pizza haunts (or of seeing your delivery guy so frequently) try making this pizza at home! For those feeling particularly motivated, go ahead and make your dough from scratch — for the rest of us, store-bought dough is just fine and will still taste delicious. We really like the idea of this yummy meal coming together quickly, so we also use rotisserie chicken, which gives us that great smoky flavor when we marinate it ahead of time in our favorite barbeque sauce. Just because pizza places make great pizza doesn’t mean you can’t too! Try this recipe and see just how easy it is to make amazing pies in the comforts of your own home!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Yields 1, 12-inch pizza
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce; 2 tablespoons for chicken (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup rotisserie chicken, diced or cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- cilantro, to taste, garnish
- cornmeal, for dusting baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 475º F.
- In a small bowl, coat your cubed chicken in 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Set aside 10-15 minutes.
- Take a baking sheet, turn it upside down and lightly sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Roll out your dough on a lightly floured surface. Should be approximately 12 inches round and 1/4-inch thick. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Using a spoon, gently spread 1/3 cup sauce over the dough (leaving a small border around the edges) sprinkle cheese evenly on top, leaving some to go over the chicken as well.
- Top with chicken and onion and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly. 17 minutes if you want extra crispiness.
- Remove from oven and top with freshly cut cilantro. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Just A Taste