The slow cooker really is a magical device, isn’t it? It can make you an effortless dinner, a delicious soup, and even… candy? It’s true. Your crockpot can make candy, and it takes just a few ingredients and a couple of stirs on your part to make it happen. These melt-in-your-mouth crunchy chocolate clusters are the perfect addition to your holiday cookie tin, but swap out the sprinkles and you can find a way to fit them in any time of year.
You’re not going to believe how easy this is. Ready?
Take some white almond bark, a German chocolate bar, chocolate chips, and peanuts and add them to your slow cooker. (Yes, that’s the entirety of the ingredient list.) Cover. Walk away.
In one hour, come back, lift the lid, stir, and re-cover. For the next hour, you’ll have to check on it a bit more – but only every fifteen minutes to give it a stir.
Dollop the melty mixture onto some wax paper, top it with sprinkles if you so desire, let it set, and you’re ready to spoil some friends and family with sweetness (or just yourself).
I can’t imagine there’s a candy out there that’s easier to make – you don’t have to pay attention to temperature or chop, pull, or roll anything to make these. They’re simple, sweet, and so easy to enjoy and I think it’s safe to say we all need a little more of those things in our lives.
Yield 80 clusters
5m prep time
2h cook time
- 2 lbs white almond bark, broken into pieces
- 1 (12 oz) bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (4 oz) bar German sweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 32 oz roasted peanuts
- Sprinkles, optional
- Add white almond bark, German chocolate bar, chocolate chips, and peanuts to slow cooker.
- Cook on low 1 hour, then stir to combine. Cook 1 more hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Using a cookie scoop, drop candy onto wax paper and top with sprinkles before candy sets.
- Chill until set and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Chunky Chef.