Brownies and cheesecake are two of our family’s favorite desserts. We love them both so much that we sometimes have trouble deciding which to make. This recipe solves that problem by giving us the best of both worlds. The recipe starts out with a boxed brownie mix to save time, then adds a layer of cheesecake batter to create a delectable and indulgent dessert.
Whether you use a springform pan for a pretty finished product that is elegant enough to serve when you have guests over, or a rectangular pan to create more casual cheesecake brownie bars, you’ve gotta check these out!
Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
1 hour 45 minutes - overnight to prepare serves 12
- 1 package brownie mix (14-17 oz. size)
- 3 packages cream cheese, softened (8-ounce size)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325º F. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, vegetable oil and 1 egg. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour brownie batter into pan, and bake for 25 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add remaining eggs one at a time, and mix until incorporated.
- Add sour cream and vanilla to the cheesecake mixture, then beat on high for one 1 minute.
- Pour cheesecake batter over brownies. Return pan to oven for 50-60 minutes or until middle of cheesecake is set.
- Run a sharp knife around the rim of the cheesecake pan to loosen. Cool on wire rack, then refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Remove outer rim of pan, cut into slices and serve chilled. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Kraft Recipe