We came across these cheesy broccoli tots on Spoon University and had to try them. Finding tasty new ways to sneak veggies into our family’s diet is always a win in our book! And let us tell you, this recipe did not disappoint. Feel free to switch out the types of cheese and breadcrumbs you use each time you make them to suit your taste!
Broccoli Cheese Tots
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 12-20 tots
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Thaw and drain the broccoli.
- In a large bowl, crack both eggs and stir with the cheese, breadcrumbs and broccoli until the broccoli is nicely coated.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Scoop out coated broccoli and roll into balls with your hands. Place each ball onto the baking sheet.
Tip: if your mixture is not sticking together, place it in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes and then roll it.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Place the tots back in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Recipe from Spoon UniversitySKM: below-content placeholder