We know that there are a lot of recipes out there with a short list of ingredients to choose from, but very few of them are baked desserts. That is why we found that this cookie recipe takes the cake with only two ingredients that are packed with flavor and always come out so darn moist – never dry! We are huge fans of coconut and bananas so these cookies did not disappoint in the least. A couple of extra bonuses with this delicious dessert are that it’s gluten-free and contains no processed sugar, if those are things you’re looking out for. Those might not be at the top of your list, but it’s always nice to have something around for your friends and family who have dietary concerns.
We find that a well-ripened banana is already plenty sweet so we decided to use unsweetened coconut, which ended up being a good call. Do you like coconut as much as we do? There is something about it that really adds a great texture and when you bake it off, your kitchen fills up with that glorious, sweet smell…well, we think it’s just heavenly! If this is your first coconut rodeo, keep in mind that shredded coconut is available both sweetened or unsweetened, regular or organic in some stores. It is is one of those ingredients that just get that much better when you apply heat. Did you know that coconut isn’t really a nut? It is a seed that comes from a tree that grows in places with tropical climates.
As the it bakes, coconut turns golden brown and the flavor deepens as it sweetens up; baked banana is also that much more flavorful and delicious as it tends to caramelize and turn into something amazing. For you chocolate lovers out there, have no fear! We’ve got the solution! Feel free to add some mini chocolate chips – they’re super cute and suddenly, you’ll find that you have an equally delicious and completely new cookie flavor to try! Either way you slice it, it’s just that easy with this moist and delicious cookie that is sure to become a quick and easy go-to in your trusty recipe box!
2-Ingredient Banana Coconut Cookies
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine banana and shredded coconut in food processor and pulse until finely ground and combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to form cookies into balls, then place on lined baking sheet.
- Optional: gently flatten cookies with palm of your hand.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Recipe adapted from Fresh Planet Flavor