It’s no secret that we love slow cooker meals, because it really is our best friend in the kitchen. That’s why we recently enlisted ours to help recreate one of our favorite takeout dishes! It takes just a few minutes to throw the ingredients together, and then we sit back and let the slow cooker do all the work for us. And on top of being easy to make, it’s also super tasty! The beef comes out perfectly cooked, and the brown sauce gives any Chinese restaurant a run for their money! Most importantly though, after a long day, it’s so comforting to know we don’t have to toil in the kitchen to get a great meal on the table.
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
20 minutes active; 2-5 hours inactive to prepare serves 4-6
- 2 1/2 pounds flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Add steak strips and cornstarch to a large resealable bag, and shake until beef is thoroughly coated.
- Stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, olive oil, garlic, ginger, and chili flakes in the bottom of slow cooker, then add beef and stir until covered with sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-5 hours. 30 minutes before the beef is done, stir in grated carrots.
- Garnish with green onions, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Tip Hero