Any snack that you can stuff your face with without having to feel too guilty about later is A-okay with us! We all know popcorn is a relatively healthy snack, but allow us to introduce you to roasted chickpeas. Curry roasted chickpeas.
Chickpeas have great nutritional value and are packed with protein and fiber, so this isnâ€™t just a snack that will leave you feeling ravenous an hour later; theyâ€™ll actually tide you over until your next meal. Plus, theyâ€™re high in iron and magnesium, so youâ€™re seriously helping your body out by indulging in these bite-sized bursts of flavor! To top things off, this is a super simple recipe to make, so you can indulge in this delicious, healthy snack practically without lifting a finger, win-win-win!
Curry Roasted Chickpeas
15 minutes active; 45 minutes inactive to prepare serves 6
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas a.k.a. garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400Âº F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once you have thoroughly rinsed and drained chickpeas, place them on a clean dish towel, wrap up the towel and rub them together to remove outer skins and to make sure they're fully dry. Note: if they're still wet, they won't be as crispy.
- Transfer chickpeas to a large bowl and stir in olive oil, lime juice, curry powder, chili, powder, paprika and cayenne. Mix together so everything is coated.
- Pour chickpeas out into a single layer on lined baking sheet, then place in oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until crispy.
- Remove from oven and season with salt. Let cool or serve immediately.