Chocolate lovers will be extremely happy at the first bite ;o)
Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, plus more for buttering pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (Hershey’s Special Dark) plus more for prepping the pan
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 3 large, very ripe bananas (chunked up)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a 4-loaf pan, butter each section with softened butter, then sprinkle lightly with dark cocoa powder to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda & salt.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla, egg and egg yolk. Stir by hand until smooth. Pour wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until combined, then fold in the chocolate chips and bananas.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake approximately 42-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Place pan onto a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes before gently removing from pan.
Check out some other recipes!