If you didn’t catch it before, we’ve got a knock-out barbecue sauce that is seriously delicious and has got the added bonus of a secret ingredient; it’s the base of our sauce (which we spruce up even further) that we generously lather all over our juicy chicken thighs. Stick it all in the oven and the result is an incredibly flavorful, perfectly charred dish that’ll have everyone raving! You could obviously adapt this recipe to cook it on the grill, but in the meantime, why not let the oven do the work for you…either way, we know you’ll love it!
Easy Oven-Roasted BBQ Chicken Thighs
- 12 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and brush the bottom of a large baking dish or tray generously with olive oil.
- Heat BBQ sauce in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat and stir in apricot preserves and garlic powder.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then lower heat and let simmer.
- Place chicken thighs skin side down in the oiled baking dish and place in oven. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush BBQ sauce liberally over chicken thighs, then carefully flip each thigh over so they’re skin side up and brush again with sauce.
- Roast for another 15 minutes, then brush again with sauce.
- Place under broiler for 5 minutes, or until sauce begins to brown and the internal temperature reaches 165º F.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman