Want to hear our secret tip for bumping a casual get-together up to a fabulous fête?! A fun and fruity libation (alcoholic or not, whatever works for you) that will be the icing on top of the cake and really get people into the spirit of things. That’s right, taking the time to whip up an easy beverage is a sure-fire way to take things up a notch and, with a drink is cute as the one we’re showing you, people will go crazy for it!
We wanted a classic summer drink that would be cool and refreshing without being overly sweet. Watermelon and lime sounded like the perfect combo, and we decided to throw in some fresh blueberries for added flavor and color…but the real show-stopper is the watermelon stars we put on at the end as garnish. While this seems like more effort needed on your end, we promise it’s worth it – do you see how cute it is?! – and just remember: you’re only a cookie cutter away from a phenomenal summer party!
Watermelon Lime Spritzer
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 5 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 3 cups lemon-lime soda or flavored carbonated water
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- lime slices, garnish
- ice cubes, as needed
- 1/2 cup vodka or tequila, optional
- Place 5 cups cubed watermelon and fresh lime juice in blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain liquid into a large pitcher and add blueberries. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, or until chilled.
Note: if using alcohol, stir it in before refrigerating.
- While drink is chilling, slice whole watermelon crosswise into rounds.
- Using a star-shaped cookie cutter (or whatever you have on hand), cut out watermelon stars to use as garnish on the edge of your serving glasses.
- Just before serving, stir in lemon-lime soda and ice cubes and garnish with lime slices and watermelon stars.
Recipe adapted from Taste Of Home